English is the universal language of business. Unfortunately, for non-English speakers, this can make business meetings tricky. If you’ve taken business English classes and English pronunciation classes in NYC, then you know you can get through business meetings without discomfort. On top of the things you might have learned in the past, we’re going to supply you with English phrases to ensure you make the best impression possible:
Opening the meeting
When conducting a meeting, it’s important to provide a proper opening. This can include welcoming remarks and introductions. This is a vital part of every meeting because it is where you create initial impressions on your clients and demonstrate how you handle business. Some useful phrases are:
- Good morning/afternoon, everyone
- Right, everyone has arrived now, so let’s get started / If we are all here, let’s start the meeting
- Hello, everyone. Thank you for coming today. For those of you who don’t know me yet, I am…
- Please join me in welcoming… / I’d like to extend a warm welcome to… / I’d like to introduce (name of participant)
The meeting itself
When you take business English classes in NYC they will teach you the proper language for conducting a business meeting. Here are some of the most commonly used phrases.
- First, let’s go over the minutes from our last meeting
- What does everyone think about…
- I’d like to get your feedback on…
- Let’s move onto another topic
Concluding the meeting
Once everything has been discussed, it’s time to wrap up. This is the last crucial step to get right. Common endings include:
- That will be all for today.
- If no one has anything else to add, then I think we’ll wrap this up.
Even if you’ve completed business English Classes in NYC or English pronunciation classes in NYC, don’t forget to regularly refer to these phrases.